SPS Undergraduate Admissions

Admissions Requirements

A grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 is suggested for admission to the University. Based on academic criteria, applicants may be asked to take an academic placement test.

The residency requirement at the undergraduate level is 45 credit hours. 36 hours of the 45-hour residency requirement must be completed within the last 45 credit hours taken for degree completion. The 45-hour residency requirement can be fulfilled with courses taken in any instruction format offered at UIW. 12 of the total 45-hour residency requirement must be upper division courses in the major field of study.

Students with the following visa types are only eligible to apply to Main Campus as International Students. Visit the International Admissions website to learn more.

  • B1/B2 tourist visa (Cannot enroll in university study)
  • F-1/F-3 student visa
  • F-2 dependent of student visa
  • J-1 exchange visa

How To Apply

Submit an Application

Fill out the online admissions application . The application deadline is the Sunday one week prior to term start date. For assistance with an application, please email our admissions staff or call us at (210) 757-0202 or toll free at (877) 603-1130.

Active-duty or Veteran applicants: Please visit the Military and Veterans Services website to learn more about the admissions process.

Returning student applicants: Students who previously attended the School of Professional Studies but have not been enrolled for a year or more, and did not complete the UIW degree attempted, must complete the Student Readmission form on the Returning Student Readmission page.

Request Official Transcripts

As part of the admissions process, request official transcripts from all previous schools you have attended after you've submitted an application. No admission can be completed, and no formal degree plan prepared, until we receive current (dated within one year) official transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended. Students with fewer than 24 transferable hours must also submit high school transcripts as well.

Mail official transcripts to:

SPS Admissions
University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway CPO #285
San Antonio, Texas 78209

Universities and colleges may send electronic transcripts to admissiondocs@uiwtx.edu
School code: 6303

Having trouble accessing the application?
Our application page may be not be accessible or may be blocked from workplace or government networks. Please try accessing the website from a private computer/device at home or from an alternate network. If you continue to have difficulties, contact eapadmission@uiwtx.edu or (800) 318-1876 for assistance.

Current UIW Students

UIW students wanting to transfer to the School of Professional Studies must complete the following:

  • Approval from their Academic Advisor
  • Submit a Change of Major Form
  • Register for classes through SPS

*If you are a main campus student looking to be readmitted to SPS, you must submit the review the instructions and complete the form at Get Started with the School of Professional Studies.

**If you are a main campus student requesting to take course(s) through the School of Professional Studies (SPS), you must complete the SPS Course Request Form.