School of Professional Studies
The University of the Incarnate Word School of Professional Studies (SPS) provides educational opportunities for adults wanting to earn a college degree. SPS offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in a non-traditional formats. There are three centers in San Antonio and one in Corpus Christi for those students interested in taking classes in a classroom during evenings, nights or weekends. Classes are also available 100% online asynchronously for students who need extra flexibility in their class schedule or living in a remote area. The School of Professional Studies also offers personal development opportunities for professionals needing continuing education and/or who want to earn a certificate to reach their career goals.
The School of Professional Studies will provide high-quality, innovative, practitioner-oriented programs offered in a variety of delivery modes that emphasize excellence in teaching and service which involve active, engaging, challenging, and relevant learning experiences, so every adult learner seeking to maximize their personal and professional potential can participate effectively as contributing members of the local and global communities.
- Education: The University educates men and women who will become concerned and enlightened citizens.
- Truth: The faculty and students support one another in the search for the communication of truth.
- Faith: The university is committed to educational excellence in a context of faith in Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word of God.
- Service: The curriculum includes a global perspective and an emphasis on social justice and community service.
- Innovation: The university is open to thoughtful innovation that serves the spiritual and material needs of people.