Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarship
Students of the UIW School of Professional Studies (SPS) are encouraged to apply for the Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarships for the 2020-21 Academic Year. Students do not have to be a member of the local ASL chapter to apply. Fourteen $3,600 scholarships are awarded to adult students from any chapter institution, which includes the University of the Incarnate Word.
- Completed 24 semester hours (36 quarter hours) of graded coursework at this institution. (Not including transfer hours, assessment hours, CLEP credit and the like and not including any courses in which the student is currently enrolled).
- Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at this institution
- Is enrolled in an associate’s or a baccalaureate degree program at this institution
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete their degree
Grants will be made to adult students in continuing higher education based on:
- Personal statement
- Faculty recommendation
- Financial need
View and download the ASL Scholarship Application packet
The following documents are included in this file packet:
- Applicant General Information
- Application Instructions to Students and Grant Guidelines
- Scholarship Application and Faculty Recommendation
- Review Guidelines
Submit a collated copy of the application to the Alpha Sigma Lambda Chapter Councilor at UIW by April 20, 2020. Students may submit to their advisor or email their completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow sufficient time for review, verification, and submission with a postmark no later than the designated date.
Visit the ASL Student Scholarship page for more info