Small Business Workshop
The School of Professional Studies at the University of the Incarnate Word selects uniquely-qualified providers to deliver exciting opportunities for those interested in beginning a new career. We have partnered with Gary Johnson (CPA, MBA) to offer interested students in how to start and run their own small business. Begin your journey by joining Gary for a free introduction to his workshops on the dates shown. Then for a more intense workshop, sign up for his one-day program how to Start a Small Business and then join him the second day for his workshop How to Run a Small Business.
- Free 2-Hour Introductory Workshop
Saturday, February 1, 2020 | 9:30 am or 1:00 pm
- How To Start a Small Business Bootcamp
Saturday, March 14, 2020 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- How To Run a Small Business Bootcamp
Sunday, March 15, 2020 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hilton San Antonio Airport
611 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216
- How To Slash Hundreds Off Your Taxes
- 20 Biggest Pitfalls in Starting & Running a Small Business
- How To Price Your Product or Service
- How To Start With Very Little Cash
- Advantages of a Corporation & LLC
- How To Select a Location
- Determining How Much Money You’ll Need
- Where To Go When the Bank Says “No”
Receive a free 12-page workbook and use this “shirt sleeve” workshop to improve your company’s profits or start a successful new business. Bring a pencil, a calculator and your business questions.
- How To Analyze Your Market (What’s Behind the Numbers)
- How To Know When To Start a Business From Scratch VS. Buying One
- 4 Characteristics of a Successful Franchisee
- Where To Find Your Potential Customers
- How To Determine Inventory Supply
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Sole-Proprietors, Partnerships & Corporations
- What Professional Advice You Need Before You
- Open Your Business & How Much To Pay For It
- How To Get a A Loan
- How To Keep Records
- Sales & Advertising How-To’s
- How To Attract Good Employees & Keep Them
- How To Handle Collections & Bad Debt
- The Pros & Cons of a Computer
- How To Save Postage
- How To Buy All the Legal Advice You Need for $500 Per Year
- How To Get the IRS to Forget Your Audit, Help Them Lose Track of Your File
SEMINAR LEADER: Gary Johnson, MBA, CPA with 30 years of small business consulting experience. You should find this a stimulating and profitable 2 hours.
Any individual who requires a special accommodation to participate in this program should call 210-340-9966 at least one week prior to the program to arrange for the accommodation needed.
How to Start a Profitable Small Business Workshop
Very beneficial to a new small business owner! Mr. Johnson gave me a roadmap to navigate the winding path of small business ownership.
Mr. Johnson’s expertise on the material presented is impressive. I've learned more about starting a business in a few hours than I did in the few years that I majored in Business.
– Tim W.
Great, proactive prep class to get your business going. A must to increase business success.
– Teresa L.
Gary Johnson did an amazing job in effectively presenting stimulating material on how to start a small business. I encourage anyone who may be considering starting a business to take this course first. It is useful and beneficial.
– Adam L.
How to Run a Profitable Small Business Workshop
For someone with hardly any business knowledge it was good experience and tools needed to become successful.
– Jesus S.
Definitely worth the investment. Thank you for the information and valuable tools! Time very well spent!
– Nicole S.
The material presented was excellent but the most valuable resource provided by this course is the three years of follow-up information and advice available to me.
– Jo S.
Definitely worth every penny and then some.
– Steph B.