The newly updated, SHRM Essentials of Human Resources provides foundational HR Knowledge and incorporates components of the SHRM BoCK. It provides insights into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required of eﬀective HR professionals around the world.
The SHRM Essentials of Human Resources (formerly SHRM Essentials of HR Management) provides participants with knowledge and skills that can be used immediately. The course addresses six key human resource subjects in a user-friendly format designed to give an effective learning experience. Reference book includes topics listed below:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation
This 4-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources, so you will learn faster and retain more knowledge to accelerate your future.
Why Enroll in Our Course?
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the SHRM Essentials of HR is designed by global subject matter experts and incorporates six key topics from the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining learning materials with expert instruction and peer discussion.
You'll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor
- A solid HR Knowledge foundation to build on as you advance in your career
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Sets the stage for further professional development with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification
- Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or recertification credit hours and a certificate upon completion
SHRM Essentials benefits your entire organization:
- Reduces the company's risk of high-cost litigation
- Promotes a consistent understand of the HR function to non-Human Resources
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within your company
Who Should Enroll In This Course?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides a solid foundation in human resources concepts and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
We understand the demands on the HR professional. That's why the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course balances printed materials, online learning, and live instructor support to meet students' learning needs and schedules.
The course reference book covers key HR topics.
- Module 1: Human Resources
- Module 2: Talent Acquisition
- Module 3: Total Rewards
- Module 4: Learning and Development
- Module 5: Performance Management
- Module 6: Employment Law
The course activities book reinforces the content and classroom learning.
- Course slides with notes section
- Application activities
Online tools and resources complement the learning modules.
- Pre-test, module tests, case studies and post-test to measure and apply what you learn
- Resource center includes important HR updates and links to valuable resources
To maintain a low teacher-student ratio, we will be accepting 25 applicants per class into this program. Complete the registration form.
The Personal Development and Continuing Education office reserves the right to cancel any noncredit course, in which case registration fees are fully refunded. If it becomes necessary to cancel the course, you will be notified by email or phone. It is important that we have your current contact information.
If you request to withdraw from a course prior to the course start date, you will receive a refund minus an administrative fee of $35. Requests for withdrawals, refunds or transfers must be in writing. Submit requests via email to email@example.com or fax to: (210) 832-2135. No refunds will be issued after course start date.