Personal Trainer Certification
The School of Professional Studies at the University of the Incarnate Word selects uniquely-qualified providers to deliver exciting opportunities for those interested in beginning a new career. We have partnered with World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) to offer interested students the Personal Trainer Certification program. This program is designed to fit the busy schedules of students with career, life and family obligations. This challenging course is for candidates wanting LIVE instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical labs to master the career skills & knowledge.
- Qualified degreed fitness school instructors
- 15 hours of lecture- key topics that include biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, and health assessment
- 15 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role play assessing clients, programming, performing proper exercises, presentation skills and more
- Show a current CPR/AED card to demonstrate your emergency readiness.
- Free WEB BASED student study page
- Test Vouchers included – W.I.T.S. Certification Exam
- Lifetime employment assistance
- Work right after passing the exams with a LEVEL 1 Certified Personal Trainer
- Optional Bonus – Get a Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer by completing an employer mentored 30-hour internship.
This course is taught in eight weeks for better retention and skill competency. Textbook is required (e book format available) and not included in course fees. Call 888-330-9487 to order the text and start reading immediately. Additional information is available at www.witseducation.com
Level 1 - Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: For candidates who are prepared to sit for the written and practical exam only.
Level 2 - Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: Successfully complete your Level 1 exams and finish the 30 hour internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Graduation from high school or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate
- CPR/AED is needed to sit for the exams.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual's level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardiorespiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
Total Cost: $749 (includes fees for practicum at the health club)
The Personal Development and Continuing Education office reserves the right to cancel any noncredit course, in which case registration fees are fully refunded. If it becomes necessary to cancel the course, you will be notified by email or phone. It is important that we have your current contact information.
If you request to withdraw from a course prior to the course start date, you will receive a refund minus an administrative fee of $35. Requests for withdrawals, refunds or transfers must be in writing. Submit requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: (210) 832-2135. No refunds will be issued after course start date.
W.I.T.S. is an approved CEU provider for the following organizations; the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB), the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and the certification test for the GI Bill. The American Council on Education (ACE) has also recommended 3 undergraduate academic credits for this course. For more information on receiving ACE credit, see the OPD SHRM Cert. ACE Credit-Procedure