Certified Agile Full Stack Software Developer Bootcamp
The School of Professional Studies at the University of the Incarnate Word selects uniquely-qualified providers to deliver exciting opportunities for those interested in beginning a new career. We have partnered with Codebound to offer interested students the Certified Agile Full Stack Software Developer Bootcamp. We have tailored this program to fit the busy schedules of students with career, life and family obligations.
Jumpstart yourself into the tech industry with a comprehensive bootcamp on the foundations of modern web development. Students will learn to create full stack web applications using a SQL Database, a Java/Spring API, and a React view. Additionally learn the basics of the operations side of DevOps by creating and managing applications using CI/CD pipelines, containerization and Platform as a Service. Graduate with experience in modern development workflows for an agile environment that will have you certified and ready to begin your journey in the web development industry.
A 20-week Certified Agile Full Stack Software Developer Bootcamp designed and presented in six modules. The Bootcamp teaches learners the tools to work in an Agile Full Stack Software Development Team. Technologies covered include but are not limited to Cloud Foundry, Springboot, React, J Unit, Docker, and Cypress.
The bootcamp immerses learners in a DevOps environment where they will develop and deploy applications using tools they set up and configure themselves (with the exception of the class cloud foundry instance.) Learners will model the Agile workflow by using TDD and paired programming to put incremental features out on a live web domain using CI/CD practices and tools. Learners will write code in accordance with code best practices and security principles.
- Learn modern web development tools and methodologies.
- Become certified in the fundamentals of agile and the specifics of agile for programmers.
- Become proficient in emerging popular tools inside the tech industry.
- Deploy live projects and acquire the tool knowledge to maintain and deploy projects whether you go freelance or industry.
Agile Fundamentals emphasizes starting with an Agile mindset, not a single methodology or framework. In order to succeed with agile approaches, teams and organizations should focus first on “being agile” as a foundation for success in “doing agile.” ICAgile's fundamentals learning outcomes delve into key concepts such as adaptive planning, value-driven development, team collaboration and frequent feedback for continuous improvement. They also cover the history of the agile movement, the Agile Manifesto, the Agile Principles, and some widely applied frameworks and practices. Bootcamp participants come away with a solid understanding of core concepts as they prepare to embark on their agile journey.
- Explain the mindset, values and principles of Agile.
- Describe agile software development methodologies and approaches.
- Explain the differences between agile and traditional methodologies.
- Explain how agile practices and principles improve the software development process.
- List the major steps required to successfully plan and execute an agile software project.
- Discuss agile development best practices.
This course has been approved by ICAgile to award participants the Certified Agile Professional (ICP) upon successful completion of the course.
Agile Programming certification focuses on applying the agile mindset to software engineering. Participants throughout the bootcamp will be given hands on training with representative tools used in the real world for the task of constantly adapting code towards a customer’s desired to-be state. Participants learn how to apply test driven development and refactor to provide built in quality to the project. The instruction is a mixture of instructional and hands on activities with an emphasis on hands on activities. The participants take a software application and provide testing and refactoring to it during the bootcamp.
- Build and execute automated tests using fresh and shared fixtures in program code.
- Write readable test code to exercise built-in and custom assertions.
- Design an effective set of test conditions to meet coverage and completeness guidelines.
- Identify testing patterns and design readable, efficient, robust tests that reveal the quality of the
- Design and implement a rapid build pipeline.
- Write code using stubs and mocks and implement dependency injection without creating complex
chains of objects.
- Apply good coding practices around to create readable code and avoid common code smells.
- Apply techniques to refactor an existing codebase using one or more refactoring tools.
- Select an approach and apply techniques to refactor a legacy codebase, using both test-first and test-after.
- Apply TDD using the red-green-refactor steps and relate the impact of shortening cycle times.
- Practice and apply using BDD to drive the development of a product.
- Build readable and understandable tests that can serve as living documentation.
- Drive development using the ATDD cycle using a variety of formats and tools.
- Discuss the importance of collective responsibility, how it manifests and different approaches to
- Demonstrate pair programming in action and contrast the impact and benefits of different approaches.
- Apply tools for build automation and version control.
This course has been approved by ICAgile to award participants the Certified Professional in Agile Programming (ICP-PRG) upon successful completion of the course.
Agile Test Automation certification focuses on test automation from a tester’s perspective instead of a programmer’s. The focus of the certification is the planning and implementation of automated tests for an application.Participants will learn the agile testing cycle and are exposed to multiple suites of testing tools for automation. Participants will learn how to target parts of the codebase for automated testing in the most efficient manner possible and make use of testing constructs such as mocks and spies. The instruction is a mixture of instructional and hands on activities with an emphasis on hands on activities. Participants will take a sample application and create a plan to apply tests to it.
- Prepare and explain a strategy for implementing test automation in a given context.
- Implement static analysis and automated tests in a continuous integration environment.
- Prepare and execute automated tests using common frameworks and tools.
- Prepare data sets for test automation and use said data sets to support both automated and exploratory testing.
This course has been approved by ICAgile to award participants the Certified Professional in Agile Testing (ICP-ATA) upon successful completion of the course.
Upon completion of the Bootcamp, graduates receive a certificate of completion issued by CodeBound.
Who should take this course?
- High School graduates who want to get into the professional world faster than a 4-year degree.
- Working professionals looking to add new skills and transition into tech industry work.
- Members of the armed services transitioning back to civilian work with an interest in tech.
- Tech industry professionals that want to modernize their web application skills.
Total: $21,500 (Includes a new Macbook and workbooks)
Financial assistance loans are available through Sallie Mae and Meritize.
Module 1: Core Web Development
Week 1: HTML and CSS for the creation of web page structure and presentation
Week 4: Dynamic Website Project
Week 5: Object-Oriented Models and the Java language
Week 6: Fundamental flow of web development and Java’s Springboot framework
Week 7: Full Stack Project 1
Module 2: DevOps & Cloud Foundry
Week 8: Deploying and managing applications using Cloud Foundry
Week 9: Configuring CI/CD pipelines and advanced git workflows
Week 10: Using containers locally and as orchestrated solutions
Module 3: SQL & Systems Thinking
Week 11: Software engineering thought models, database schemas and page layout planning
Week 12: Writing custom complex SQL queries to a database
Module 4: Test Driven Development & Testing Frameworks
Week 13: Test driven development, paired programming, and other core parts of the modern development work environment
Week 15: Journey testing your application end to end
Week 16: Full Stack Project 2, created using TDD
Module 5: Third Party Tools & APIs
Week 17: Modern development tools and practices for code quality, deployment, and security
Week 18: Deep dive into Spring Security and Token based authentication
Module 6: Capstone Project
Week 19 & 20: Work in teams to create a full stack project over a 2-week period mimicking an agile sprint
The Personal Development and Continuing Education office reserves the right to cancel any noncredit course, in which case registration fees are fully refunded. If it becomes necessary to cancel the course, you will be notified by email or phone. It is important that we have your current contact information.
If you request to withdraw from a course prior to the course start date, you will receive a refund minus an administrative fee of $35. Requests for withdrawals, refunds or transfers must be in writing. Submit requests via email to email@example.com or fax to: (210) 832-2135. No refunds will be issued after course start date.
CodeBound™ is a Bootcamp training provider that is uniquely positioned to meet the workforce needs of San Antonio and Bexar County by providing comprehensive software development courses culminating in certification in the Agile Framework. CodeBound™ has innovative curriculum designed by subject matter experts who are performing in real-time on large government software development contracts.
CodeBound is powered by Appddiction, an agile software development and training company that has hired 50+ software developers in the last two years and performs on $100M+ Agile software development contracts for the Department of Defense and continues to build capacity and capability to offer jobs. CodeBound™ graduates have the ability to join the Appddiction team or market their qualifications with many employers in San Antonio and Bexar County who are seeking applicants who can work within the Agile framework