Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist
This certificate prepares students to perform specialized work in maintaining the integrity and protecting the privacy and security of patient information. The certification hours can transfer into the Associate of Science in Health Sciences or Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degrees.
As a Certified EHR Specialist, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Audit patient records for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Abstract clinical information for inclusion in reports such as quality improvement studies
- Perform basic coding to submit claims for reimbursement for insurers
- Process Release of Information (ROI) requests for medical records
- Review patient records to ensure they are complete
- Collect patient demographic and insurance information
Completion of the core classes below will satisfy the minimum CEHRS certification examination requirements.
27 hours of required courses: