These handout files are in Microsoft Word format and may be viewed or downloaded.
Feel free to send in suggestions or comments for other materials you would like to see added to the site that would be useful for planning and writing.
- How to become an Active Reader
- Written vs Oral Communication
- How do you write a Summary
- How to write a Thesis Statement
- Examples for Writing Thesis Statements
- How to develop and evaluate paragraphs
- How to Avoid Run-on Sentences
- When do we Use Passive Voice
- Rules to Avoid Plagiarism
Remember to ask for help when needed! Don't rely on Microsoft Word's spell and grammar check as it does not catch every mistake!